- Budweiser Summer Series
- Live music in Elmwood Park ranging from Flo Rida to Third Eye Blind in June/July.
- Party in Elmwood
- A live beach music dance party every Thursday from mid May to mid September.
- Movies in the Market
- Free movie offered once a month in the months of May, June, July, and August in Market Square.
- City Market Saturdays
- Every Saturday from mid May until late September there is a wide variety of activities, entertainment, “how-to” workshops, family days, and much more.
- Downtown Sidewalk Sale
- Retailers throughout Downtown Roanoke step out of their store fronts to offer great deals on their merchandise in August. Over 20 stores participate.
- Harvest Festival
- The ideal fall festival in late September- from pumpkins to hay bales to tractors, corn, live music, and activities and games.
- Elmwood on Ice
- Open from November to February, Elmwood transform into an ice rink which includes a ice slide and skate rentals.
- Dickens of a Christmas
- This free, family-friendly event takes place on the first three Fridays of December. Everything from roasted chestnuts, carriage rides, street performers, and much more.
- Restaurant Week
- Over 30 restaurants participate in this event in January offering budget friendly meals.
- Party in the Market
- Beach music dance party moved inside the Market Square Building for fun all season long. Offered January to March.
- McDonald’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Shamrock Festival
- St. Patrick’s Day celebrations take place all throughout Roanoke from Elm Avenue to the Market to the Taubman Museum.
- Strawberry Festival
- Taking place on the first weekend of May and with over 20,000 attendees this festival is a favorite. Everything from activities and games to live entertainment, and tons of vendors.
- Wine and Food Festival
- Enjoy food, wine, and live entertainment at Explore Park in late May.