Explore the Best of Roanoke, Virginia
Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center is the ideal choice of hotel when visiting Virginia. Centrally located in the city, you're in perfect proximity to explore all the area's best local attractions. Enjoy a wide variety of things to do during your stay:
Sports & Recreation
- Virginia Tech Sports Virginia Tech offers many sports programs all year round! Stay at our Virginia Tech sports hotel and cheer on the Hokies with us!
- Area Sports and Events Facilities The Roanoke Civic Center, located less than five miles from our hotel, is home to NCAA DIV III Men’s Basketball Championship and has been held at the civic center since 1996.
- Golf: If you want to work on your golf swing, Hanging Rock Golf Course, Ashley Plantation Golf Course or Westlake Golf and Country Club have you covered.
- The Appalachian Trail stretches from Georgia to Maine and Roanoke has part of the majesty in its backyard! Just a few miles from our hotel is the Appalachian Trail’s McAfee Knob, a rock overhang that provides a 270-degree panoramic view of Tinker Cliffs, Roanoke Valley, North Mountain and Catawba Valley.
- The Green Ridge Recreation Center: The recreation center features activities for the whole family, including both an indoor and outdoor pool (complete with water slides,) exercise equipment, walking track, volley and basketball courts and a gaming activity room.
- Blue Ridge Parkway:or "America's Favorite Drive," is a 469 mile ride that connects the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Shenandoah National Park. Guests are invited to shop, dine, camp, swim, and hike.
Roanoke Shopping, where you can find anything you can think of. Whether you are looking for your favorite national retailer or hoping to find something one-of-a-kind, you can find it in Roanoke!
- The Valley View Mall is Roanoke's largest mall and offers nationally known brands.
- The Historic Roanoke City Market, also known as Center in the Square, offers fresh farm market food as well as entertainment and eateries.
- Antique Blue & Bowles Nelson Powers, Inc is located in Downtown Roanoke's Historic City Market, offers vintage items as well as a modern library of current interior designer fabrics and wall coverings.